Sunday, January 13, 2008

Beautiful Soul

I was fortunate to be her sister for all of her 38 years. She was a vibrant, extraordinary woman with a smile that never grew up. She always looked so vulnerable and sweet when she smiled, like she was six years old and sharing a part of her soul. Her last two years were pain-filled and exhausting, and now she is free. For this I am grateful, though selfishly, I wish she was still here.

I'd gotten lulled by the daily routine of my life, and forgotten its transience. If the only certainty in life is that we will die, and the time of death is uncertain, then it is best to live each day as fully as possible, lulled by nothing, taking none of it for granted.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hold you in my thoughts.
-g

5:18 PM, January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay,
My profoundest condolences. I recently lost one very dear to me, my soul and heart in fact. All the thoughts and emotions summarized in your brief reflection have been mine since November 2004. Our loved ones live in us. That they do is our true condolence.

Michael

11:58 AM, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers.

-marc

11:58 AM, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my sympathies and thoughts,

Christian

12:10 PM, January 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home