Thursday, December 13, 2007

December reflections

Disrobing mind of vocational garments
slipping into silvery thoughts
reflective as the zither-shaped pond
Coy as the koi
beneath a watery cloak of willow leaves
turned golden by the pallid light
Do koi dream in hibernation
while the year's last moon dies
and my chill fingers cry
for my lover's warm lips?
Reflections have form and shape
but no substance
like thoughts and emotions
they ripple and fade
Changeling world
the season of annihilation has come
and I will pass it in the gazebo
wearing only a robe of light
'til the dawn of my beloved's return

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Kay. To my mind one of your best. Michael

3:41 AM, December 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And always the best photos from the Chinese Garden.

4:20 AM, December 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home