Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday means Weekend

Two days of sweet rain washed the air clean, and the morning has dawned clear, gold, and blue. The birds twitter and tweet outside my window. And it is Friday. I like Fridays. I like Fridays for obvious reasons, but not with the vehement relief that a lot of people do. Like most of the people on this planet, I have to work in order to live, and like most of the people on this planet I am not doing what I love for a living. But. I choose my work. I, and just about everyone who knows me, recognize that I can do just about anything I want to. (The joys and curse of having an open mind and a genius-level IQ--people often ask me why on earth I'm in the accounting field.) I greet Fridays as an opportunity to wrap up my work week so I have two days of pure creation, working just for me. Some weekends I create peace and relaxation. Some weekends I create travel. Some weekends I create a space for others to "be" in with me. And some weekends I create opportunities for self-expression.

This weekend will be a social weekend, a weekend of visiting with friends heading off to Burning Man, a weekend of helping friends harvest bushels of fruit and vegetables, a weekend I intend to get some writing done... around visits to the gym and preparation for a guest over Labor Day weekend. Life is good. I can say this, even though there is so much pain and illness in my family and in the world. Life is good because I choose it to be so, because I live every moment with the intention of squeezing as much pleasure, happiness, and sweetness as I can out of it--especially on the Weekends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially on weekends, where your time is your own to live and spend as you please.

- SacredTouch

2:24 PM, August 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home