Saturday, September 22, 2007

Words have power


Words have power
and language is mightier than time
intoxicating as wine
second only to the moment
which can be captured in words
and relived
like the memory of sex.

I have power over words
the music of them flows from me
creating symphonies of sensual immediacy
entrancing you
conquering you
enflaming your imagination
stopping the flow of time
doling it out
word
by
word.

Words cleave your mind
my voice driving a wedge
between the higher-functioning halves
penetrating deep into the limbic brain
calling forth that aroused tingle
in your pelvis.

You want my words
you swallow them as they drip from my lips
thirsting for the power of my voice
for the bounce of verbs and adjectives
across the playground of your mind.

Yes words have power
the power to create language
and language the power to create problems
and the problem you have now
is the world of fire in your loins
and what must be done to conquer it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silkenvoice, I read this piece as a deeply felt expression of your power. It honors your masculine aspect, emanates from an ancient impulse, hinting at your ultimate purpose.

- SacredTouch

3:04 PM, September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. More than lovely--powerful.

I love to write, but I'm in a relationship that is so intense that my muse has fled, her place taken by my lover. Last night I told her that for the past couple of months she has so filled my brain and body that I've no need for imagination or fantasy. This makes me uncomfortable because I love words and language. This tension in me is delicious. One day my muse will pop up and put the pencil back in my hand.

Michael
Michael

2:00 AM, September 23, 2007  
Blogger kujmous said...

I felt this would be the easiest way to tell you. You're stunning. I finally found it :)

1:15 AM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home