Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nothing particularly erotic or deep


The weekend bore the promise of melted chocolate and debauchery --unfulfilled. Yet despite that disappointment, I had a wonderful time. I woke up at 5:30am from an erotic dream that had me so aroused I masturbated to orgasm 3 times before I felt ready to get out of bed. At 9am I met up with a friend that I took to a little old hot springs resort in the Columbia River Gorge, just 7 miles from the Bridge of the Gods. We soaked in big old clawfoot tubs for half an hour, and then when we were fully poached and wrinkled, we went into a cooler room where they wrapped us up like mummies and covered our eyes and let us rest for as long as we liked. The weather was lovely. The mornings were misty and cool, and when the mist burned off the quality of the light was amazing. It is a good thing I always carry my camera with me. Saturday's chocolate birthday event was canceled, so I spent my evening with the birthday boy at a local wine bar, sipping 10 wines and eating bread and cheese and chatting for 3 hours.

Today was a lazy day. I did not get out of bed until 11:30 am, a dramatic difference from Saturday morning's rising at 5:30am. I puttered around, doing some unpacking and staring at blank walls trying to determine what artwork will go where. The afternoon had more of that brilliant autumn light, and so I headed down to the river with camera in tow and stopped by the community garden to take photos. Most of the harvesting is done, but the gourds and squashes remain, as do the towering sunflowers and the dahlias. I took some wonderful macro shots of flowers and fruit. 150 photos and a fully discharged battery later, I finished running errands and went home to brew some jasmine tea and read.

Right now I am listening to a playlist consisting of Ani di Franco and Melissa Ferrick -- who are on tour together. Tendrils of nag champa scent the air. My belly is full of chicken and rice with lemon grass sauce. Life is good. And simple. Thankfully.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kujmous said...

Guess what I am thinking. No really...guess. I will give you a moment...







Now...imagine if we actually made eye contact.

6:28 PM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay,
How beautiful. You remind me that a period of time without sexual intimacy can recall to us the many other glories of the world around us.

Michael

2:19 AM, October 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home