Friday, August 10, 2007

Rock in a sea of change

It is August, and yet I can feel autumn coming, I feel it in the crispness of the morning air. I see it in the tops of the vine-maples, whose green leaves are just starting to blush yellow-orange-red. Autumn brings change and usually I welcome it. But these days I feel like I am under siege with changes. I feel like a rock at sea and yet in sight of the shore, with waves rushing and splashing around me. I know I am a rock, and I know that it would take a lot to undermine me, but being an island of peace in a sea of change is challenging. Those I love are thrashing about, battling issues of health, relationships, work and finances. And I have my own battles, too. Change is coming. I'm not sure where I'll be a month from now. All I can do is choose what comes, whether it is what I would prefer or not. Choose it, and choose to live powerfully in the face of the uncertainty, absurdity, and breathtaking beauty that is life.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

No Autumn on the way here. It's 110 in the shade, but that doesn't mean that much because all of the shade has melted.

1:18 PM, August 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In any given moment, I can choose to be, to be who and what I am as I am, to drop all resistance to that which would have me be other than who and what I am. Cool morning breezes and hints of Autumn colour remind me to be as I am when everyone else seems so full of doing and having.

-- SacredTouch

5:10 AM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger kujmous said...

This seems appropriate

:)

10:52 AM, August 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home