Sunday, April 08, 2007

Self-hypnosis, dreams, and Easter


I dreamed about a magic garden atop a mountain. I knew the garden because a friend of mine had this huge house up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and in my dream, I was there... Anyway, it was a magical garden, because at its center was a series of koi ponds flowing into each other.. and the koi ponds were pools of knowledge, and the ripples the koi made were ripples of enlightenment. It was a cool dream.

What is even cooler about it is that the dream was the result of the self-hypnosis session I did for myself. The 'deepener' in the session I made used steps down into a garden, with a pool in the center. I made this session for myself because I wanted to understand how hypnosis works and I wanted to use it on myself before I made sessions for other people. This one had pretty simple suggestions in it, mainly about getting out of my own way and embracing success. I did two forms of it, one for daytime use and one for night-time use. The one for night-time use carried a post-hypnotic suggestion to dream. It will be interesting to find out if there are more tangible effects than dreaming. I'll try this for a week and if I am comfortable with it, I think will work on an erotic version.

Its Easter. The sky is blue, the breeze is tickling my skin and the windchime. It smells of hyacinth and daphne and plum blossoms. It is a gorgeous day. Children are dressed in their finest right now, and getting grass stains on the knees of their finest, as they search for Easter eggs and other goodies. In a couple of hours they will by hyped-up on sugar courtesy of the Easter Bunny, and wiping their sticky sweet fingers on their finest, while their parents and grandparents make noises over the mess. But the kids are having fun! Hey, how often do they get to do their worst while wearing their best?

Hmmm... that sounds fun, actually.... I think I'm going to go do the same.... I wonder if I can climb a tree in that lavender silk dress?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

--Two Bruce Lee quotes--

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves."

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

4:42 PM, April 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...daphne. One of the scents I miss most about my house.
-gabrielle

10:39 PM, April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home