Sunday, April 20, 2008

Passover Buddha


We've had bizarre weather here in the Pacific NW this weekend. The sun has been emboldened a few times to yellow the clouds and brighten the days, and in between, rain, sleet, and snow, most of which did not stick in the lower elevations. In Seattle, where I visited friends, there was snow on the ground, contrasting nicely with the forsythia and the black bamboo. After a four hour drive which afforded me ample opportunity to ponder the chameleonic weather, I arrived home in Portland, to find the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are blooming, undaunted by the chill. It is April, they seem to sing as the wind and weather force them to dance. For all that the weather left me cold, I was warmed by the company of friends old and new, by several glasses of wine, and by kosher Passover food cooked by foodies both Jewish and Gentile. The last time I had food that good was for my birthday, at The Sardine Factory. It has been years since I was invited to a Passover Seder, and my first time participating in the reading of the Haggadah. The ritual meal took about 3 hours, and was both delicious and educational. I hope I am invited back next year.

I was cleaning out my closet when the sun came out and slanted through the photinia bushes to illuminate my room. There was something about the quality of the light, the shadows, and the tiny prismatic crystals of the valance that had me grabbing my camera for a photo. It is a nice background for the Buddha statue.

I am tired and yet aroused. I got a good long kiss from my rocket-scientist friend before I left his place in Seattle. It is Sunday evening, which means bath night. I will soak and shave and then play. After the week I had, I certainly deserve it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl...we all need a good play now and then.

3:56 PM, April 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home