Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sandstone Pudendum

The Sandstone Pudendum in Kolob Canyon,Zion National Park, Utah, USA (c) KR Silkenvoice
this is an audio post - click to play

I call this the Sandstone Pudendum. This is a photograph of a natural formation in the sandstone of Kolob Canyon, which is a remote northern section of Zion National Park in Utah. I was struck immediately by its obvious resemblance to the female pudendum, or vulva.

If I'd had the time, I would have hiked up into that huge cleft. There is something awe-inspiring about it, for me. I cannot help but think that it is a holy place, seeing as it so directly resembles the 'sacred feminine', the entrance into the chalice, that holy grail of womanhood (ok, so I've read the Da Vinci Code).

Seriously though, I get goosebumps whenever I see this photo, because seeing it sends me back into sensory recall, remembering the crisp May air, how its chill breeze made my nipples so hard. I can just catch the scent of pine, the way the sun broke through the clouds and set the sandstone aglow, and then, the stunning and unexpected sight of a shaved pussy rendered by the forces of wind and rain.

It was definately one of the highlights of my trip.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home