Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The moment

this is an audio post - click to play

One of the pitfalls of trying to live in and experience the moment is that each moment is itself a piece of eternity, and it can become all too easy to fall into the trap of believing that the moment is all that exists. Like teenagers who become depressed because they live so in the moment, and when the moment-to-moment existance weighs on them, they cannot see past it--they can see no light at the end of the tunnel, because the tunnel is all there is. Fortunately, I'm irrepressible. I think I was depressed once for 48 hours and it was terrifying. I don't know how people live that way. Dalia, (c) KR Silkenvoice 2006I am fortunate. I am surrounded by beauty.
I need only to stop what I am doing to appreciate the sensual immediacy of life and the world is righted, at least for the moment.
And the moment is what I have. What any of us have.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never considered that drepression can be such an issue when living moment to moment. I've always assumed that if this moment was difficult, you could always take refuge in the fact that another one is right around the corner.

Of course, I'm struggling to understand and live like this. I still find myself thinking on the future at the expense of the present form time to time.

8:37 AM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home