Sunday, May 07, 2006

Awareness: a remedy for what ails you

this is an audio post - click to play

Come down to the river with me, my friend, my love.

Walk through the falling mist to the shelter over-looking the water. Sit close by me, here, your thigh touching mine, and just be.

Here is my remedy for what ails you, for the pain and worries of the day:

Take a moment to just be.

If you are alive in the moment, really alive and aware with all of your senses... if you are really open to and aware of the moment, there are no worries. There is nothing to depress you. There is nothing sad or disappointing about being in the moment.

Try it. Close your eyes and breathe...

Let that cool, moist air enter your lungs. Can you feel the breeze on your face? It smells like Spring, doesn't it? There! Did you hear that, the birds are calling to each other, flitting from branch to branch... that is what that rustle is, high overhead.
Columbia River Gorge from the Women's Forum (c) KR Silkenvoice 2005
Open your eyes... look at the glowing jewel-like greens around you. Have you ever seen so many shades of green? Look at the quality of the light, the shadows, the way light shimmers where the mist has collected. Its so achingly beautiful...

Feel my hand, my warm hand, feel my fingers sliding along your palm, squeezing it. I'm here, my friend. You're not alone, I'm here with you, in this moment, in any moment, in every moment, for as long as you need...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home