Friday, November 18, 2005

Voice as a tool

I am aware that my voice has an interesting effect on people. Most find it soothing, some find it sexy. The soothing part is very useful when dealing with clients. The sexy part…well…ahem.

Today at work I deliberately used the sexy. I called a vendor that I really needed something from, in an hour, for a client. The phone rang, and the man I wanted answered.

“Hi Rod,” I purred. “I was hoping it would be you.”
His breath actually caught.
I grinned. I knew he was snagged.
“Who is this?” he asked.
“Its Kay at MyCompany.”
“Hello Kay, what can I do for you?”
“Well, I’m hoping you can make my day.”
“Kay, I can make your day. What do you need?”
I told him what I needed.
He was right. He could make my day, and did.
I wonder, did I make his?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home