Sunday, November 02, 2008

Playing tour guide


I have been a good hostess, I think. Its been a few years since my friend was in the States, and last time all he wanted to do was fish. This time it was too late in the season, so I entertained him by playing tour guide. This weekend we went to McMenamin's Edgefield, had their microbrew brown ale and played four games of pool (he won three). In between rain showers we visited the Chinese Garden, drove through the countryside and enjoyed all the foliage changing, did some wine tasting at Willamette Valley Vineyards, and drove along Skyline Boulevard and the Hoyt Arboretum in downtown Portland. He enjoyed the dim sum, much to my surprise. He made short work of the chicken feet, which were very savory with ginger. Sushi at Saburos, after an hour wait, which he grumbled about until he saw what the sushi looked like, and then he settled down to eating. After sushi we went to a 'gentlemans club' to watch the girls dance. It was quite fun--especially the part where a birthday girl got a lap dance from three woman at the same time. He is good company and he makes me laugh, but it will be good to get back into my groove. I've got three weeks before I leave Portland, and a lot to do in the meantime. Some how I've got to fit in sorting and packing and paring things down between my desire to see as many of my friends before I leave. So much to do, including getting him to the airport tomorow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home