Thursday, February 01, 2007

CD the Cat










I dreamed.
A maine coon landed on my windowsill.
He was blue in the moonlight.
I recognized the cat as CD, and as soon as I recognized him, he jumped down, shape-shifting to his human form.
He stood by the side of my bed.
"I miss you," I said. "Are you ok?"
He smiled then, but his eyes were a bit sad.
"I'm good," he said in the awful New York accent he sometimes mimicked.
And then he was the big coon cat again, walking along the windowsill.
His foot touched a shaft of moonlight, and he was gone.
I awakened. It was 3:57am.
Goodbye.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kujmous said...

From what I can see, it's not really good-bye. It appears that little paw prints on your heart and mind will always hold a place for CD. This is the beauty of opening up. You allow yourself to be walked on -- sometimes as a bridge, sometimes as a mat, sometimes as a rug, or perhaps as a tightrope. Rest asured that you have footprints that you have made that others will not soon forget.

4:31 AM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home